Important information for Secondary Year 7 admissions 2016 (Click here to read information)
"To provide an outstanding learning environment which challenges all of us to achieve our full potential and continually to share our knowledge and skills with the local and global community."
The values of Guru Nanak Multi Academies Trust are encapsulated by the S.H.A.R.E acronym. These values are at the heart of everything we do as a school and they describe the qualities our students and staff value most- Service to others, Humility, Achievement, Respect and Equality.
- To build a strong community based on the Sikh religion.
- To provide quality education that is broad, balanced and relevant to the needs of pupils within a modern society.
- To enable all pupils to achieve their potential through the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- To develop each pupil’s self-esteem, confidence and independence with consideration for others and the concept of Sewa.
- To strengthen bonds between home, community and school, providing a preparation for each pupil’s entry into the wider community.
- To be committed to encouraging every member of our community to invest in life-long learning and personal development.
The School’s Religious Character
Our academy is a Sikh Faith school with Academy status. Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji is our Founder and Spritual Leader. The academy is registered with the Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar Trust.
Religious education is provided in accordance with the Sikh faith as specified in the academy’s trust deed. We aim to give pupils knowledge and understanding of religious beliefs and practices so that they may continue in their own belief whilst at the same time respecting those of other people. All pupils are taught a weekly lesson of Sikh studies which includes religious education. Assemblies play an important part in developing the ethos and community spirit within the school. They are broadly Sikh (recitation of Japji Sahib, Shabads, Ardas and Hukamnama), but include stories and messages from a wide range of cultures, religions and faiths.